We are looking for articles that meet this criteria:
- Relate to an aspect of shamanism, shamanic practice, or shamanic traditions
- Between 250 and 600 words long
- Currently unpublished
All articles will be assessed by members of the CSEE board as well as the Director of Operations, and if chosen for publication, will go through an editing process. Don’t worry, you will be notified of any suggested or requested edits prior to publication.
Your article will appear in the CSEE Newsletter (a readership of 1900,) be published on our website, and promoted via social media. And, you’re welcome to publish your article on your own site or blog 30 days later. For improved google search ratings, it’s best to publish only the first paragraph or two and then link to the article on the CSEE website.
Questions? Ready to submit an article? Have an idea in mind that is not on the list and you’d like to run it by us? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To get an idea of previous newsletter articles, have a look over here.
Advice for Writing Articles
As you write your article, use the clearest, most specific language possible. For example, if writing about Father Sky, describe the sky as you actually see it from your window: “spacious, expansive yet protective, a deep dark blue just a shade lighter from the darker shapes of the avocado trees on the lawn.” Readers can feel the difference between a vague, general description and one that you actually observe and describe. Specific, personal observation invite the reader into the world of your writing in a powerful way.
Below is a list of questions which can act as article prompts. Feel free to respond to one of these or write an article related to a different aspect of shamanism, shamanic practice, or shamanic traditions.
- Is there a particularly powerful indigenous story-folktale that inspires you? How has it supported you/changed you?
- Is there an elemental ally that you have a particularly strong relationship to? What is it and how do you relate?
- Is there a shamanic musical instrument that has been particularly powerful for you?
- Is there an animal ally that you have a particularly strong relationship to? What is it and how do you relate?
- What is a shamanic understanding of the energies of the Seasons? How do you put that into practice? (this can be an overview or an in-depth look at a particular season)
- What is a shamanic understanding of the solstices, equinoxes, and cross-quarters? How does it support you or guide you through the year? (this can be an overview or an in-depth look at a particular one.)
- What shamanic tool or perspective has been powerful/transformative/inspirational to you? How have you put it into practice, and how has it supported you/changed you?
- How did you know that you were called to shamanic practice?
- What is a shamanic perspective of life transitions (birth, coming into adulthood, marriage etc)? How have you put this into practice?
- What is shamanism?
- What is a shamanic journey?
- How do shamans perceive illness?
- What is shamanic healing?
- How do you know if shamanic healing right for you?
- How does one find the right shaman?
Submit an article to email@example.com